TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Wednesday, May 5, 2021

MYSTERY DIES

 Project number 2.  Do you ever see a card on line and say to self I must have that card die?  Yep me too.  Thus the search began.  I saw a card. on Pinterest.  it was in Dutch I think.  I did a screen shot because it was just a pic....no directions, no link to a blog, nothing.  Now you know how Pinterest shows you others similar?  Well it did but absolutely NONE told you how to make them!  All were only pictures!  Well I would not give up!  Finally.........................by accident.............while on Joanns website searching dies I came across a very similar die.  OMG heart be still.....how can this be?  Order Order Order!  So Joanns had no examples of these cards only the dies and I eagerly awaited their arrival.  Then they came.  So exciting.............................but.....................there are no instructions!   Here's what I got.



As you can see it's not in English and I don't really think its directions anyway.  So now to share with you the card I saw because I'm sure most of you are saying "well Susan its a gate fold card".  No it is not....here's the one I saw.  I'm giving you the pinterest link so I don't violate anything.

HERE

Now this one is in Dutch and just a tad different and the brand I bought does not have all the different styles I've seen on Pinterest so it may just be an international thing.  Any way I tried to make this die work as a regular open/close card but the only way to make it stand was to fold the bottom pieces to make flaps or it would just fall over.


It kind of reminded me of a mermaid fin but on both sides.  Then I decided to make it more like a post card which is ok except it needs some sort of stand if it is to be displayed.


Guess I'm going to have to really work with these before I get what I'm looking for.  Eventually I'm hoping to come up with something amazing for a Christmas card but we shall see.


Til next time..............................................

HAPPY CARDING!

No comments:

Post a Comment