TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Sunday, December 15, 2019

ABOUT FACE FORWARD MARCH

OMG I'm in love with a soldier!!  A wooden one that is.  I saw these all over Pinterest and LOVED them.  Batted my eyes and I was able to get my darling husband to cut me out 8 boards and foot bases.

These guys are soooo cute.  They are made from a 1x6x36 inch board and their feet are 4x4's cut to the same width as the boards.  That allows them to stand at "Attention".  My husband routed a little grove on the 4x4's to make it look like they were wearing shoes.  I made stencils for everything that wasn't a straight line.  Gold metallic pens are my friend lol.  There was alot of gold work on my guys.  I also found out that when you spray varnish over gold metallic paint pens it softens the ink and will smudge if you touch it.  Good thing retouching was an easy task.  These guys are gifts for my lady friends that I craft with.  I can't wait to see how they like them.  Rumor has it one of the other ladies is also doing a wood craft as our gifts.  Sure hope we don't have the same ideas!  LOL

That's all for now til next time
HAPPY CARDING!

2 comments:

  1. Susan, these soldiers are just amazing! You've got some eye-batting skills, too... impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy bananas, Susan! You gots some mad skills! I love the one with the wonky mustache :) These are AMAZE-balls! Just out of this world creative - you need to open up a craft show or Etsy shop! Love them!

    ReplyDelete