TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Sunday, December 1, 2019

Christmas Box Fun

HO HO HO HO!!!!  Christmas is coming!!! Sometimes I feel like a little kid.  I love everything about Christmas.  The Music.  The Stories.  The Baking.  The Presents.  How oh how did I have the patience to wait when I was a child?  My grand kids are so antsy all month.  To help settle down the ants in their pants I created the Christmas box.  Ok I didn't really "Create" it I embellished the idea.  There are a ton of ideas on the internet pertaining to this box.  Most are just a box for Christmas Eve.  It would include things like new Jammie's, a Christmas story book, maybe some candy.  Everyone has their own take on the idea.  I expanded it for my grand kids and made it into a box with activities for the entire month.  My first one was just an Amazon box decorated and filled.  I had decided I'd like to have a reusable box so I made one from a Michael's wooden crate.  Then comes the fun part.  Gathering items to excite the kids.  This year I added hot cocoa mugs for everyone and at least 4 regular craft items.  Then the staples for the box's like reindeer food, Santa soup, Christmas movies popcorn for movie watching.  The kids also get the paper and envelopes for Santa letters to the north pole.  I tuck in a calendar and fill the days with some suggested activities like dropping off cookies at the firehouse or go to Dickens in Dundee to look at the holiday window displays.  The kids absolutely LOVE this box.  Now it does take some planning and you do have alot of paper work to gather but the internet helps with free printables so you just have to decide what you want in your box and print away. Make up your own little calendar and fill in the activities.  This website has some nice printables that I have used.
Christmas Box



Now I will admit if I was a young mom with small kids there is no way I'd be able to pull this off.  Not on top of regular Christmas stuff.  But I'm a Grandma....I have time so why not.  I know moms have things to do, cooking, cleaning, homework cop, shopping ...the list goes on and on.  But if you do find the time this is a great treat for the kids.  Keeps them busy and it makes waiting for the big day easier.

Til Next Time...............................
HAPPY CRAFTING!







3 comments:

  1. Thank You so much for posting this! This is an amazing cool idea- and I am a Grandma too- love the idea. The baby is not old enough to do this, yet...... Fun fun idea! You are the best funnest Grandma!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hereby declare you the Ama of the Decade, Susan! How awesome is this!! I bet your grandkids hit the ground running when their folks say, "It's time to go see Ama!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun idea, Susan! You're so creative!

    ReplyDelete