TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Thursday, December 5, 2019

CHRISTMAS TAG RUSH

Three weeks and counting til Christmas.  I have the house decorated.  The presents bought (not wrapped yet).  The main food for the feast in the freezer and my cards all mailed.  Now all that's left is random crafts and tags for the gifts.  Though I have made a ton throughout the year.  
When I was at Michael's a few weeks ago I saw these 6x6 paper pads for $5.  I picked up a bunch and used some to create that Maymay made it wreath with my Niece in law but I still had alot of unused pads.  So to the table I go.

The 2 pads I'm using today are Christmas Farmhouse and North Pole News by Recollection.  These are single sided pads but very pretty papers and perfect for tags.
I pulled out the usable background sheets from each pad as well as the cut apart sheets I could use.  Between the 2 pads I got 9 background sheets and 4 cut apart sheets.
Away I went!  All of my large tags are 2.5 x 6 and out of those background sheets I was able to get 18 tags.  But I still had scraps.  I have this insane issue where I seem to need to not waste a thing so I was also able to get 7 small tags that measured 1.75 x 3.75.  You would think I'd quit there but NOPE!  I got 4 more tags using the scraps of scraps.  1 large, 1 small and 2 odd sized ones using up just about everything.  including the circles from punching the holes for the grommets (which I made from scraps heehee)
So here they all are:
Do you see that little pile of scraps in the right had corner?  That is literally all that is left of those 9 sheets of 6 x 6 backgrounds.  I now need to use those cut aparts and start embellishing those tags.  I also need to add ribbons too.  Technically these could be used as is.  The papers are so pretty I hate to cover them but if I don't jazz them up then it wouldn't be me!  But I did want to show you that with bare minimum you can have a little collection of tags for special gifts.  And incase you are wondering all my tag bases are made from recycled paper.  A company was moving and changing their logo so all the card stock, linen stationary, and envelopes were going to be disposed of.  A friend of mine works there and brought home alot of it.  I was lucky enough to get some and with some cutting I was able to repurpose the papers.

All I did was remove the green and the black line and I'm able to cut this down for tags.  I'm able to get 3 large tags and  smaller one per sheet.  Its a WIN for me.

Well I'm off to decorate my tags.  Hope this inspires you to whip some up soon.

Til later
HAPPY CARDING

1 comment: