TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Tuesday, December 17, 2019

More Scrap Christmas Tags

In case you haven't figured it out yet, I have an obsession with making as many tags as possible from the tiniest scraps.  Today's post is no exception to my rule. "Use all that you can".  So when my granddaughter came over on the weekend to make tags for teacher gifts I was sure to save everything she didn't use.  I had 6 sheets of 6x6 papers that she absolutely loved.  It was left over from a pack I got at Michael's that my Niece used for her cone wreath.  This pack was all about cats and dogs and my granddaughter loves animals.  So much so that she volunteers at a shelter once a month and she's only 11.  So proud of her.  Anyway she made 11 tags from the papers I gave her.  Yes I know that's alot of teachers, but she had also made the tags for her brothers gifts to his teachers and her sisters.  My Grand daughter has a big heart and likes to give little gifts to the lunch lady, librarian, office workers etc.   I looked at all the weird shaped and size pieces she had leftover and thought OK this is a challenge.  You see when I cut paper I try to be as neat as possible and not waste space.....my granddaughter on the other hand just cuts right in anywhere.  But I was determined to use those scraps.  Ta Da!  I got 37 various sized tags! 

Now I know they are not fancy but these are Perfect for the kids gifts.  I won't have to gasp as they rip the gifts open and throw away my little works of art.  I should really make more of these ease up on my stress a bit. lol  Let me tell you I used every bit of the scraps and still have 1 whole 6x6 sheet left.  That's alot of tags from 5  6x6 sheets.  Just imagine what you can do with your scraps.

Til next time....................................................
HAPPY CARDING

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Look at all of those gorgeous tags! You've done a fantastic job with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one can work such magic with scraps, Susan!! These tags are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete