TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Monday, December 9, 2019

Atari Ornaments? OK

Remember Atari?  Video games of the 80's.  My son loved it and never got rid of his system.   He collected and horded games and has since expanded his own sons video game interest into the Atari world.  We are all so surprised that my grandson actually likes playing these old games.  My son has actually searched for old 1980's TV sets.  Once the word got out that he wanted one people in our community started contacting him offering him theirs free if he picks it up.  He loves the 80's and has formed a little corner in his world with retro stuff.
My sons passion cracks me up and watching my grandson in a room that looks just like ours did back in the 80's brings back so many memories for me.  If I didn't know better I would swear the little guy in the picture was my son instead of my grandson.  Anyway back to the point.  My son had received 4 round Atari stickers which he gave to me to turn them into ornaments.  He wants to add a little tree to his corner and thought Atari ornaments would be awesome.  Being a paper crafter makes it a bit easy to come up with a plan.  So here's what I made for him.  His very own Atari Ornaments.   
As you can see I used the Maymay Made it Wreath idea as an ornament.  One on bottom right is a rectangle treat box ornament with the smaller sticker popped up.  The 2 larger stickers with the blue background were 3" in diameter so I just used 1 for the front of a snowflake ornament and the other as a ball ornament.  He loved them and plans on taking a staged photo for his Facebook profile pic.  How much do you want to bet that he steels my Charlie Brown tree too?  LOL  That boy keeps me on my toes for sure.

Til next time..........
Happy Carding!

2 comments:

  1. Well if those aren't the cutest ornaments for "the corner" I don't know what is. Loved reading about your son (and grandson) and to see your creative efforts for their tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, this is so cool! I love theis post- a blast from ther past. Your ornaments are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete