TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Friday, April 17, 2020

Book page pocket for Journals

So I have had an Art Journal for about a year now and never really did anything to it.  Recently I decorated the outside cover and loved it.  I jumped in and Gesso'd a few pages to get ready to doodle and then stopped.  Decided to make some artsy paper clips and put one of those in my journal.  Then thought...hey I could make a paperclip bookmark!  Done....put in journal.  Still no decorating on my gesso'd pages.  Hmmmmm...maybe I should start small.........made a couple ATC's.  Clipped under my paperclips in my journal.  And now here we are..............A book page pocket for a journal page and it has no where to go.  I better get going on those journal page backgrounds!  LOL

I saw a fold for a pocket using old book pages.  The pocket can be any size you'd like and really depends on the size of the book page.  Or if the page is way too big like maybe an Atlas page you could always cut it down to a rectangle (has to be rectangle) piece.

So like I said the size all depends on the book you use.  A paperback book will yield a much smaller pocket.  I used a standard size book.  Rip out one of the pages.  Trim away the rough edge.  Now although I didn't do this, now would be a good time to add color to your page.  Either smear some ink from an ink pad or use some spray distress inks.  What ever you'd like.  While taking the photos I only inked the edges so you could see where I was folding.
To make this a bit easier just follow the photos.  It will make more sense then listening to me lol.
 Nothing will be even.  It's ok




 I know it's alot of pictures.  I was trying to do step by step without being confusing.  Anyway this then gives you 4 pockets to fill & or decorate.  I choose to put different tags in mine.  Like I said above you may want to ink up your pages before putting it together.  I inked mine after it was done.  A little awkward doing that top portion of the front bottom triangle but I managed.  My little flower is made from some more book pages that had some paint on them.  I sometimes use book pages to clean off paint brushs or stamps before I actually go wash them but I save the pages to make embellies.





Anyway here's the completed pocket.  Ready to go in that Journal as soon as I do a background page for it lol.

Till next time...............
HAPPY CARDING


















2 comments:

  1. FOUR pockets!! How awesome is that!! Thanks for these fabulous instructions, Susan!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW- I have to try these- LOVE this cool design and 4 pockets!!!

    ReplyDelete