TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Saturday, April 4, 2020

An All Die Birthday Card

I have noticed on Facebook so many people requesting police and fire truck drive bys to wish children a Happy Birthday.  My own community has done this a few times as well as a tow truck company.  A time is arranged and the trucks and cars line up at the beginning of the block and then cruise by honking horns.  The youngsters seem to enjoy their personal mini parade.  One resident was asking for birthday wishes for her upcoming 8 year old.  Though I was unable to participate in their afternoon parade I did PM her to see if I could make a card.  The mom was thrilled.  I had found out that the little girl had wanted a Unicorn party.  Well...............just so happens I still had some of the party decorations from my granddaughters birthday a few years ago that just so happened to be UNICORNS!  So I gathered them up in a box and went to work on a card.  Decided to just use dies.  No stamps...no inking...just dies.  So here's what I came up with.

Love that Unicorn die and wanted to do something else to add to the box so I made a little Art Journal.  It was approximately 4 x 9 with pages of folded card stock and linen paper inserted with elastic ties.  To some of the card stock pages I added pockets in which I slipped some blank tags, blank ATC's along with a sample of how to make little pieces of art to glue into the book.


I also added a bag of die cut pieces that I used for the card and slipped in some blank cards so she could create a few cards as well.  Yesterday I dropped off the box on their front stoop, rang the bell, and left.  I'm still practicing social distancing lol.  Last night I got a wonderful message from the mom stating her daughter was elated.  That made my day.  Its the little things we don't usually do that make real big impacts.  A small Act of Kindness goes a long way.

I hope you all are staying in and staying safe during these hard times.  Maybe you too could find some small Act of Kindness and make someone smile today.

Til next time...........................................
HAPPY CARDING

3 comments:

  1. Susan, these are so sweet! Your talent will surely bring smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I had that awesome unicorn die for a card I have to make tomorrow!! Sensational card and journal, Susan!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynn if we were much closer I'd run it over to you.

      Delete