TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Friday, April 24, 2020

Vintage Chic Holtz guest ticket

Its another journal kind of day.  I'm having so much fun doing little embellies lately.  I love shabby chic meets Tim Holtz with a little vintage added in.  I love using unusual things.  So today it is a guest check that you would get in a restaurant.  I scanned a blank one and then printed it on to a parchment type of card stock.  I have no idea what the name of the paper is nor do I remember where I got it but if I was to guess I'd say it was probably Hobby Lobby.  I wanted to make a few of them so I felt it was better to print my own instead of begging waitress's to give me their blank ones. LOL.

These are just little pockets in which I put just a printable inside with a tag and decorated the bottom flap with some old stamps and of course one of my new found loves "Altered Paperclips" .  I plan on putting mine in my Art Journal.  It won't have any real purpose but it is a small piece of art so in the journal it goes.  The lace, button and greyish color make it a bit shabby chic while the little tickets on the left are kind of Tim Holtz.  The little coffee ad and a tag is a bit vintage so I have a "Vintage Chic Holtz" pocket.  Sounds good to me lol.  This was fun and I'd like to make more sometime.  My poor lady friends..............I'm going to need boxes for all the little goodies I've made for them lol.


Til next time............
HAPPY CARDING

1 comment:

  1. I never know what to do with those pages in my Graphic 45 pads with the little decorated squares!! THIS is what I need to do. Turn them into highly decorated and embellished pockets to add to other projects!! Your work is so inspiring, Susan!!

    ReplyDelete