TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Monday, April 27, 2020

Mini Envelope card.

Good Day............gloomy weekend and it's another shelter in place day.  Last week I made a Shabby Chic envelope card that was so much fun.  I had decided to make a few more in different sizes just for fun.  I even decided to use the Dollar Tree regular letter envelopes too.  But first I wanted to make a wee one that I could slip into my Art Journal as an inspiration.  I have an envelope punch board from We R Memory Keepers and decided that would be the best to use since I really wouldn't have to measure anything.  I also decided to use regular printer paper.  Well technically I used a linen look printer paper.  This was my choice because when I made the original card I used the cheapest envelopes I had and they were perfect.  They folded beautifully and the extra paper layers, though it made them sturdier, it did not add bulk.  I fear cardstock would be too heavy and bulky.  Even if you used the 65# weight.

The envelope size I used was a 2.5 x 3.  Its about the size of a gift card.  So to make this you will need 2 of that size.  If your making your own you need a piece of 5 x 5" printer paper and your WRMK envelope punch board.  Except for the top flap part glue the rest of your envelope together.  Now on the left and right side of the envelope slice off a teenie weeine bit.  Re-open the envelope.
Do this to both envelopes and glue them together.  Here you go pictures always help.


Now decorate!  Have fun.  Use any papers you'd like.  Go Vintage, Shabby, Tim Holtzy (is that a word? lol) or Bright and Cheery.  Here's my mini.  all ready for my journal.




Til next time ...........
HAPPY CARDING!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! That looks fantastic... and to think it started with an envelope! You are so creative and talented, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sensational fun inside and out, Susan!! Love these pretty papers, beads, and glitter!! Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete