TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Thursday, April 16, 2020

Shabby Chic Envelope Card

Welcome Spring?  Well it should be but here its still in the upper 30's this morning and it's nearing noon!  What the heck Mother Nature?  You can't give us Corona and a Chillier than normal Spring.  All this "Shelter at Home" has given me way too much time on Pinterest and You Tube lol.

So todays card is just an inspirational card.  Its an envelope card that is made using 2 premade envelopes.  My original idea was to make it a bit "Tim Holtzy" but as I got around to gathering papers I liked,  it turned out more Shabby Chic.  Which is still ok since I love Shabby Chic.



I think I may want to put some ribbon on the front or a flower.  Now that I look at it, it seems incomplete.  The envelope is held closed by velcro dots.
Here how about this way instead?
I also added a few Liquid Pearls to the dots.
Here it is opened.  This is the inside.  I have the back side decorated as well but without the little pockets.  I had also tried to make a Shabby Chic Paper Clip.  I see these decorated paperclips all over Pinterest and have just started to try my hand at creating some.


The clip is just torn pieces inked, glittered and stacked.  Slivers of paper hang down.


































I also stamped the large flower in the bottom corner and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I also stamped the sentiment on the top blue panel.  I think I kind of like this. 

I think I'm going to make a smaller one (alot smaller) to put in my Art Journal.  The one above is approx 4.75 x 6".  

Till next time.............
HAPPY CARDING!

2 comments:

  1. The magic you create with paper is often unbelievable!! What beautiful work, Susan!!

    ReplyDelete