TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Tuesday, June 4, 2019

A FLOWERY THANK YOU

  Hello!  The weather is sort of getting nicer.  At least the rains have stopped for now.  lol  I have been up to the cabin to open for the season and now am back home to take care of some business.  While I was up there I had a few visits with my sister.  A friend of hers invited the 2 of us for dinner at her new place.  A very cute apartment up high on a hill just outside of town with a spectacular view of the lake.  We had a very nice evening of Watermelon Slushies and Pizza.  I wanted to send her a card thanking her for her hospitality.
  I wanted to do something with flowers.  After all it's suppose to be close to summer here and yet it is so so chilly still.  You know me and fancy folds, my fave, but I didn't want something too complicated to open in case she's not a crafty person.  So I opted for a simpler fancy fold of a double zig zag cascading card.  There are tutorials all over pinterest on how to make one of these.  Some have wording that is just way too complicated to understand but this one was very easy. She used DSP and I just used plain cardstock.  You can find her tutorial HERE

So here's my rendition:
The paper I used was from an old pad of K&COMPANY.  I just love the colors in this sheet and the fish is part of the paper.  Doesn't it look like it is 3D?  It's not.  I did not do a thing to that fish.  LOVE IT!  All the flowers I made from the same sheet using the flower dies that came with the Graphic 45 tag die set.  My first though while cutting everything out was that I could bling up everything with some glitter but after assembling the card and adding the pearls I changed my mind.  I think this card needs no other bling.  I'm pretty sure my sisters friend will be impressed.

Til next time
HAPPY CARDING!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness... this is a work of art! Stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous, Susan!! I love all the grass and flowers with your beautiful goldfish!! Exquisite work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, she will be impressed by your 'not too complicated' card...LOL I have never tried this fold....it is amazing! The flowers are fantastic, and yes, the fish looks 3D!!!

    ReplyDelete