TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Loaded Pockets just for fun

Hi Again...back with more embellie fun.  Remember all those I made in my last post?  Well I decided I needed to find a place to use them.  So many people have jumped on the Loaded Envelope train.  What a great idea!  Only I wanted to be a bit different so I made a pocket instead.  Do you remember the little paper cups we use to make in grade school?  You'd fold a square piece of paper (we usually used ruled school paper) into a triangle then brought the point on the left to the middle flipped it over and repeated with the other point then took one of the top points and slipped it into the part you folded over.  OK now that I'm trying to write it ..it sounds confusing but it's not.  If you remember then GREAT!!!  If not?  Well here's a photo that I hope helps.
For these pockets.fold a square (I used 6x6) as in upper left example.  Then bring top point down to bottom fold as in upper right example.  Take points from left and right sides and line up with fold line under flap as in bottom left example.  Then glue your flap only at the point as in example on bottom right.  Does that make sense?  Boy I hope so because they really are easy.

So...I made the pocket from a 6"x6" piece of double sided cardstock.  Its the blue cup like thing on the upper right.  All the embellies surrounding it fit into the pocket.

If you look closely I even made a teeny tiny pocket that is holding 2 little tags.  The little envelopes have little slips of paper in them for a little note.  The little purse with the bow on it is one that I made from the previous post and is held shut with an altered paperclip.  I even included a large paperclip with the bigger flower on it .

So do you want to see them all stuffed?  They are adorable!

Aren't they cute?  Now what to do with them you are probably asking.  Well my intentions are to use them for random acts of kindness.  I will bag these (and others I'm sure to make) and when the mood hits me...just hand 1 out.  Maybe to the Post Office lady who is so nice in conversation when mailing my cards, or how about the random person celebrating their birthday at a restaurant your eating at.  You know how sometimes the wait staff comes out with a cupcake and candle and everyone sings?  Wouldn't it be awesome to just walk up to the table and say "Here you go Happy Birthday".  We are given so many opportunities to put a smile on a strangers face and often we ignore the opportunity because we don't know what to do.  This would be perfect.

Til later
HAPPY CARDING!

2 comments:

  1. I want to sit by your side and just craft, Susan!! These are so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What fun little gift pouches... and beautiful, too!

    ReplyDelete