TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Friday, June 7, 2019

EMBELLIES FROM SCRAPS

Hello from a lovely rainy day in Illinois.  I've been cleaning up some of my scattered stuff and hated to throw out the scraps that I thought I may still be able to use.  Mo9st of these were at least 6"x6" pieces.  Some nearly 2" wide x around 6".  So I decided to make some embellies.  Not sure what I would use them with but at least I'll have some laying around.  Decided to make some little tags with slip over envelopes and then a real cute little purse that could be given as a little gift with tags inside of it.  Then for the tiniest pieces I made some little envelopes.  Here's what I have so far.
The two items with the bows on the far right are the purses.  So cute and little.  To make you start with a piece of cardstock 3"x6"  score at 2" on long side bottom.  That will be the bottom of your purse when you fold it.  Then you need 2 pieces 2"x maybe 2.5" to 3"  The only measurement that needs to be exact is the 2" and the other one just needs to be a bit longer.  These 2 pieces will make the gusset on the sides of the purse.   Fold in half and then each end in half again.  See pic below.  They will be fitted and trimmed on the sides of the purse and glued down.
Purse pieces are on the left.  Tag with envelope are on the right.  Anyway the skinny piece folded on the left is what you start out with then the piece on the right is after it had been fitted to the purse piece.  Picture below shows pieces glued to the bottom 2" of the purse then glue to the mid section.
When done there is enough room for a few small tags and a couple envelope embellies.  I made the paper bow for the top and it closes with a tiny bit of Velcro.

The tags with slip envelope embellie is super easy too.  Start with a 3"x4" piece of cardstock.  On 4" side score at 1" and 2 7/8" turn and score bottom at 2 3/4".  Cut small pieces off on left and right sides as shown in picture with purse.   Glue and embellish then slip in a 1 3/4"x3" tag.  I'm going to incorporate the Christmas ones to my Tag challenge of how many tags from a 6x6 pad.  That's where the Christmas ones came from.  So you will be seeing them again. lol
Such a great way to spend a rainy day.

Til next time
HAPPY CARDING













1 comment:

  1. I don't think your creative mind ever quits, Susan!! What an awesome array of sensational embellishments!!

    ReplyDelete