TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Friday, June 7, 2019

Fancy Fold Fathers Day Card

Oh my....Fathers day is around the corner.  Though my own is long gone as well as my Father in law, I do like to appreciate my hubby for all he does for our disabled son.  As usual I prefer to make Fancy Fold cards.  I saw this on Pinterest and although I pretty sure Ive made this style before I can't remember when.  The original posted did not have measurements but it was easy enough to figure out.  You can see the original poster HERE.

This is my demo card made from all scraps.  You need a piece of card stock 
4.25" x 11" and score at 5.5"   6.5"   8.5"   9.5"  You will need another piece of card stock measuring 3.25" x 6" and score at 4" and 5".  Then pick out your designer papers and layer away.  I chose to do this one with manly cigar theme papers from Tim Holtz paper pack called Dapper.  Loved all these prints in this pad and had a really hard time decided what to use.  I thought this cigar paper was very appropriate for my hubby.  He is a guitar player and has made a cigar box guitar.  A couple in fact so this paper seemed perfect.

Originally I was going to place Happy Fathers Day on the front but I didn't want to take away from the paper so I opted to just place the sentiment on the back.  This card fold to a standard 4.25" x 5.5" size card.  Oh my goodness if you like quick and simple you have got to make one of these cards.  I think it would be a great Christmas card using one of the Graphic 45 line and one of their Ephemera cards for the front.  Hmmmm.....that's a good idea for the next time I get together with the ladies for craft night.
I hope you enjoyed this simple Fancy Fold and until next time.....

HAPPY CARDING!

1 comment: