TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Tuesday, January 21, 2020

An Easel Valentine

Ready for another Fancy fold Valentine?  I'm on a roll!  lol  This time a not so new Easel card except I made it to fit into regular envelopes you get from the dollar store.  I think the envelopes measure 6.5 x 3.5/8" .
80 envelopes for a buck!  Not bad.  I fancied mine up with some Washi tape and hearts.  While on some I just sponged a little red before adding some hearts.

  So I made my cards 3.5 x 6.  You can get 3 cards from a 12x12 sheet of paper.  In fact go ahead and make them 3x 6 cards instead if you wish.  Then you'll get 4 from a sheet.  It doesn't really matter much as long as your elements fit.  I cut a base measuring 3.5" x 12 for mine then scored on the long side at 3" and 6".  My top layer measured 3.25" x 5.75".  I had this truck stamp and die that was a Christmas set I got from Michael's.  The little rope trim on the truck was actually a string of lights but I punched out some tiny hearts and placed them over the little light bulbs.  Instead of adding the Christmas tree or presents that came with the stamp set I punched out 9 hearts from 3 different pattern paper and glued them in the back of the pick up truck.  You could also use scraps for the hearts if you save everything like I do.
My background looked a bit boring to me so I used a heart embossing folder a a few Blings to jazz it up a bit.  I'm thinking now that I'm looking at them that I might add a bit of stickles or maybe some Wink of Stella to those hearts too.

Until next time
HAPPY CARDING!






2 comments:

  1. Love this size and shape, Susan!! What sensational Valentines!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well look at you - developing cards that fit economical envelopes.And pretty, too!

    ReplyDelete