TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Saturday, January 4, 2020

Challenge Considered

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!  Can you believe it's 2020?  The "Roaring 20's" have returned.  lol  So it was time to ponder.  What do I want to work on during the New Year.  I have never had a plan and I'm sure most of my posts will never be pre-planned but..............some friends of mine (card makers as well) always do challenges.  I totally wonder how they ever have the time to do so many.  One that has been really intriguing is done yearly by a fellow friend and blogger.  She does a travel post where she looks up details of what ever her challenge is for the year.  For example one year she did the states.  I believe each week she chose a state, wrote some amazing facts and created a card that related to that state.  The info she would share was always so interesting.  Kept me coming back for more.  Last year it was different countries I believe she called Travel the world which she is continuing this year. She and another group of gals are also doing a 1 stamp 12 times.  You choose 1 stamp, only 1 and you it once a month on a card that you then post.  Got me thinking I should try at least 1 type of challenge.  I'm not good at being a joiner so I decided to do this on my own.  I too will pick 1 stamp and use it on a card once a month for the next 12 months.  So I have to get going and figure out what I want to use.  This will not be easy for me since I really don't like using the same thing twice yet alone 12 times. lol  Lets see if I can do it.  I think I'll use a posting date of the 2nd of each month except for this month since I have just decided to do it.  For this month the post date will be by the 7th.  So hang on.............very first challenge is in the works.  Wish me luck.  And if your a teenie weenie bit intrigued about Travels around the world here's a link to her blog. HERE  

Til Next time
HAPPY CARDING

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness... you've made me smile from ear to ear, Susan! You are so sweet! And creatively talented!!!

    Kelly's 1 + 12 idea is such fun... I'm glad you're going to do a similar themed challenge. I can't wait to see what stamp you choose and to watch you use it again and again. (Just think, you'll be getting more for your money this way.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, am amazed at all the fabulous things Jeanette always has going on (and Kelly, too)!! I am not organized enough to juggle that many balls and keep them all in the air!! But I love seeing all that she does. Can't wait to see which image you choose for your 1 + 12 ideas!!

    ReplyDelete