TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Kids Fancy Fold Valentines

I can't believe I have the Valentine bug all ready.  As usual I want to use Fancy folds.  The kids really enjoy cards that are not just your regular 4.25 x 5.5 flat card.  One of my favorites to make are the Double Z fold cards.  They are easy, cute, and can be made in various sizes for totally different looks.  So since I need a total of 6 cards for the grandkids I thought I'd start with 3 of these.  The papers I used are from my stash.  I have no idea what line these are.  I do know you can find a few, not many 12x12 sheets at Hobby Lobby of a couple different Valentine themed papers.  My preference though is to go to Amazon and pick up something similar to these.  On Left is an Echo Park pack and next to it is Authentique Romance pack. 

                                               

I Love to collect these kinds of packs because I love using the stickers and Cut aparts to add to the cards or the envelopes I use.  But you don't have to use specific Valentine paper.  Just use Valentine colors of pinks and reds.  I also had these Gnome stamps.  Which I love though they did come in a Christmas set.  But HEY just color like its a Valentine Gnome.  Its should work right?  These Gnomes came in my Papercraft Magazine as a free gift so there is no name for the set.  They are super cute and had dies to cute them out.  YAY!   LOL  I also had these cute Raccoons from Stephanie Barnard.
I can see my coloring is not the greatest.  In fact that Raccoon was actually colored a very light grey but you can't see much of a difference.  I think I need to go heavier on the color next time.  lol  Heck the kids won't care though.  Heeheehee.

This next one I changed up the Z fold just a wee bit making it just a bit bigger.  Once again I used one of the Raccoon stamps from the same set as above.  Did I also mention that these had dies too?
Well that's 3 done and 3 to go.  Maybe I'll use a different fold.  Hmmmmmm.......not sure which one to use but I do want to use the Gnome at least 1 more time.  

Til next time
HAPPY CARDING!

2 comments:

  1. Well, Susan, aren't these just the bees knees!! What delightful Valentine cards!! You are so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete