TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Saturday, January 11, 2020

New Year New Holidays

I don't know about you but for the past 2 months I have concentrated on nothing but Christmas.  Christmas cards, Christmas, crafts, Christmas gifts etc.  I have to say it is sure nice the the year has started back at the beginning so that I can now focus on Valentines and St Pattys day.  Then soon after Easter.  That's not to say I won't add a Christmas card or two in between but at least it won't be taking over my life lol.  

My ladies group will be meeting up very soon and I'm going to have them do a multi layered Valentine.  The card is a 6 x 6.  I tried to resize it so the mailing would be cheaper but the card just didn't look right if it wasn't a square.  This card would best be one you hand deliver due to all the embellies I have added.

The designer paper used here is from Graphic 45 called Love Notes. I used Bazzle dotted swiss in chocolate for the base of the card.  All layers are 1/8" smaller than the previous.  
So you have a 6 x 6 base and the first layer is 5 7/8 x 5 7/8 etc.  All pieces you will need are listed by size below.


Papers are from the Love Notes Collection
2    different but coordinating double-sided sheets 12 x 12 (ideal is 1 sheet red print on 1 side and black print on the other and second sheet red or black print on 1 side and cream print on the other
1    sheet of cut aparts
1    sheet 8.5 x 11 cream cardstock
1    12 x 12 sheet dk brown cardstock (for base)
Red ribbon

I only left 1/8th inch borders around each layer

Cut base from Brown cardstock at 6x12 scored at 6" (Sample used Chocolate Bazzil dotted swiss)  also cut 1 piece brown 4.5" x 4.5"
From cream cut 1 piece 5" 7/8  x  5" 7/8 and 1 piece 4" 3/8 x 4" 3/8
From the red and black sheet cut 1 piece 5.75" x 5.75" and 1 piece 4.25" x 4.25" also cut 1 piece at 1" x 4.25"
From the second sheet cut 1 piece 2" x 4.25" and 1 piece 1" x 5.75"

Make all your embellies from the scraps

Card on the left is my original and the card on the right is how it turns out if you flip the paper over to the other side.  Makes the card look a bit different yet with the same papers.  You can't really see all the sparkle but I just stickles around nearly everything.

Til next time
HAPPY CARDING

1 comment:

  1. These are soooo pretty, Susan! Your friends are going to love making them!

    ReplyDelete