TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Valentine treat boxes

Need a little treat for a Co worker?  Or maybe a few friends just to say your glad to be friends?  Then this cute little box is just right.  Originally posted by Sam Hammond on her blog Pootles  She is such an inspiration for little boxes.  These she made to display the new spring line of papers and I turned them into Valentines.  

Here's how.
Score your 6x6 as above.  At the 3/4" score cut
You need double sided papers for these since you turn down the one score line to make the little boxes look more complicated but they're not.  I found grabbing some of the 6x6 paper pads give you a large number of choices but you can also use a 12 x 12 sheet as I did below and just reverse the bottoms.
Pinch the tops together and tie a ribbon around them to keep them closed.  Then embellish with little tags.  I love layers so I just kept layering on a label that I punched out of really heavy card stock.  The punch I used was the large Paper studio label punch from Hobby Lobby.  I used glue to adhere it to the box.  Inside the box is just big enough for a Ghirardelli chocolate square. YUM!
I'm meeting up with a couple of friends for dinner next month so I think I'll give them a little treat.








3 comments:

  1. These are so pretty - the perfect Valentine treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh , these are so beautiful! I love the DP's you used and the turned down Dp is such a great look! I will be back for a CASE of this project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly do spoil your friends, Susan!! These are delightful!!

    ReplyDelete