TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Saturday, January 18, 2020

To Gnome you

Well you got a little peek at my little Gnome guy the other day.  Isn't he adorable?  I just couldn't get enough of him or his little mate so I used them for a few more cards.  I still used fancy folds and just papers I had laying around.  But first I have one more Raccoon card.  I think this little guy is pretty cute too.
This card is a flip fold card where the left side flips over the fold on the right side.  I probably should have used a different color for the inside since there is not much difference between the inside color and the flip piece on the left.  But as I said I have been using papers from my stash and honestly I just wasn't really thinking.  lol

Now here come the Gnomes!
This card is really just your basic "W" fold card with some adjustments.  Card base is a top fold 4.25 x 5.5 card.  I then used an edge die to fancy up the right side of the card.  For the inside "W" I cut a piece of red card stock 2.5 x 10" and scored at 2.5, 5, 7.5.  Accordion folded it and added glue to top piece.  Laying the bottom back of the accordion in the inside right part of the card centering it.  I then closed the card so that the top portion of the accordion stuck to the inside left side of the card.  Opened it up, add glue to back side of accordion and closed the card again.  This assured that your "W" was perfectly centered inside.  Super simple.
Decorative layers were cut at 2.25 x 2.25 and small cut aparts were added on top.  I made my own grommets in order to re-enforce the holes for the ribbon to close.
I love this card.  Simple yet fancy looking.

Last Gnome card is a fancy Z fold.  Real skinny one.  You start with a piece of card 6.75 x 9.  On 9" side score 2.25, 4.5, 6.75.  Then on short end stair step down each section starting at top remove 1.75 and climb down.  I then cut a 8.5 x 7 piece of card stock scored in center at 4.25 for a 4.24 x 7 card.  The card was layered and then the Fancy Z fold was placed in the middle.
Look at these cute guys peeking out.
 

Well that's it for today.  I'm ahead of my game with all 6 Valentines ready for the Grandkids.  Hope you enjoyed my Gnomes

Til next time
HAPPY CARDING!

2 comments:

  1. How sensational are these, Susan!! I love those delightful gnomes, but that raccoon has stolen my heart!! Cute, cute, cute!! Such awesome Valentine's!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well look at you! Nothing ordinary about your cards/projects. With each fancy fold you get more and more creative! You are so talented Susan!

    ReplyDelete