TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Monday, January 27, 2020

New Fancy fold Valentine

So cruising through Pinterest I saw this card.  Super cute and I know I've seen it before but I can't remember where.  


I was hoping the person who Pinned the above card would have instructions. Here is what I found.  CLICK   Unfortunately the blog is in German so I hit the translate button.  Skimmed through her post and NOPE no instructions.  I tried a Pinterest search but I have not found this card. Maybe I'd have better luck if I knew what the fold was called.

So through looking at her pictures I came up with a finished card size 3 x 6.
Lets start...........your base will need a piece of solid card stock 6 x 9" to which you will make the following score marks.  On long side score at 3" then on short side score at 3".  At top left corner score diagonally to 6" down on right side.  Then from top middle score line make another scoreline to 3" down on right side.  Photo shows where all your score marks should be.
Next fold all your scorelines.  Fiddle with closing so that it looks like this:
That top point I actually folded inward and glued it down but it can be left unglued which is what the original poster did.

Now for your layers you will need 4 squares measuring 2.75 x 2.75".  You will then cut each square in half diagonally.  You will also need 1 piece 2.75 x 5.75 for inside left part of card and then 2 2.75 x 5.75" for right inside and out side part.  These 2 pieces need to be trimmed to fit.
You also need a piece of card stock 1" x 7" to be used as a belly band.  A piece of patterned paper left over from what you had used for the card measuring 3/4th x 2.75" for the band layer is also needed.  No the original card did not have one but I found that the card does not stay closed.  If that is no big deal to you, it can be omitted.
Card on the left shows it closed with the belly band on and on the right the card shows how it doesn't stay closed.  The belly band for that one is in the front.  I think these turned out pretty cute and I may try playing with the size but you need to work in thirds so if I was to make this bigger than a 3" x 6" The paper would probably have to be 8x12 which would I think make a 4 x 8 card which is kind of awkward.
Another great advantage of this card is that it also fits in those Dollar Tree security envelopes! 

I hope you enjoyed this fold and until next time..................

HAPPY CARDING

3 comments:

  1. Wow, oh wow, Susan!! How awesome are these Valentine beauties!! I just might have to give this one a try!! I love this sensational fold!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW'zer! What a spectacular fold. Your card is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like an advanced skill level....LOL It sure it beautiful all together and looks amazing when you open it up!

    ReplyDelete