TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Monday, March 30, 2020

Dylusions Journal books by Ranger

While still under "Shelter in Place" in the state of Illinois one can craft their hearts out!  If you know me you know I love crafting with the grandkids when they are around so I am not always making cards.  Unfortunately for me the grands cannot be here due to the current nation wide situation.  Although we believe that our households are clean and clear of the virus we do not want to chance it.  While cleaning out the kids craft closet I found 2 Ranger journals.  One I bought and actually bought 2 of them and gave one to my granddaughter and the other one was given to me as a gift to put techniques in that I have tried so I don't forget.  My granddaughter and I had started the other ones with just daily writings.  That one has some premade decorated pages and we just wrote our thoughts on some of them.  She has done alot more than I but neither of us decorated our outside. Its more like a diary type journal. It can be gotten here .
So I had decided it was time to decorate.  I just happened to have some of the dylusions paints so after I gesso'd the outside I went to town.  You can also use regular acrylic paints.  Just have fun with a background.  Next add some texture.  I used the top of jars to make the circles and some mesh from an orange bag for added texture.  I then added some stamps.  Oh and a bit of washi tape.  I then wanted to seal mine.  Though no where have I seen anyone else seal their's.  I just used regular semi gloss poly.  I just like the added protection.


The second one I have was, like I said a gift.  I have put little things in there such as some paperclip art, a few ATC's some stenciling.  But again the cover was not decorated.  Here's where you can see the one I'm talking  about.  journal .
I am loving the brightness of these.  I can't wait to show my granddaughter.  Maybe we can craft via messenger!  LOL 
Now to work on more of the inside pages.  You Tube here I come.  Oh and probably Amazon too.  Because you know I'm going to need a few more supplies right?

Til next time.........................................
HAPPY CARDING


2 comments:

  1. WOW! My jaw just dropped, Susan... this is so artsy and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there no end to your talents, Susan? These are so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete