TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Thursday, February 6, 2020

A Gift in a Card

Hello............Guess what?  I'm not making a Valentine!  LOL  I know...I've made quite a few lately.  But this time its A Gift in a Card.  Not to be confused with a gift card.  2 different things.  The other day I was on You tube....I know right?  I need to stay off but I don't.  Anyway I came across a Valentine card by Mixed up Craft.  SEEN HERE.  Super cute but I didn't want another Valentine and I didn't want to do a herringbone design.  So I changed it up a bit and made it into a birthday card.  I really needed one for a friend so I was eager to jump in.  I had this paper pad from Paper Wishes called Peony by Crafters Companion.
I was feeling "Springy" even though our Woodstock Willie said 6 more weeks of winter, so I chose Pink and yellow and green for the colors.  Now I decided to put a bottle of wine in it and for some reason I thought it had to be one of those airline size bottles.  Enough for just a shot.  Well they don't make wine that tiny and I soon found out that the box was bigger than I imagined so I headed out to pick up a little 4 pack of single serve bottles.  Fits beautifully. I'm thinking of resizing the card to hold one of those airline size bottles of maybe whiskey for a guy card.  The size of the wine card would be way too big.

Anyway here's my card.  I like to give my friends special cards with their gifts.  They are always so impressed.

So this is one of those cards that I absolutely LOVE!  I would love to get something like this and I am so excited to see how my friend likes it.  Wonder if she'd mind if I ask for it back?  LOL  Nooooo...I'll let her keep it but I'm going to make another one right away.  I found little bubble baths that are in small champagne type bottles so I'm going to make them as "Just Because" cards.  I'll share those soon. If I figure out the small size for airline liquor bottles I'll share that too.
Until later........................

HAPPY CARDING




1 comment:

  1. How much fun is this!! I don't think your friend is going to be willing to part with it!! Awesome work, Susan!!

    ReplyDelete