TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Saturday, February 15, 2020

Fancy Fold Time Corner Flip fold

So excited to share with you a new to me Fancy Fold card called the Corner Flip Fold.  You know me I love fancy folds.  If it's fancy I want to do it and if it's easy?  Well..all the better!  This one is all by means super easy and super cute.  You will start with a basic 4.25 x 5.5 card base.
Cut out a triangle that measures 2 3/4 x 3 1/2.  Place it in the top left corner of the folded card and use as a template to score.  You can see the score mark in bottom left picture. This mark will show up on both front and back of the card.  Open the card back up and firmly crease the fold marks.  Push center fold line inward.
As shown in top left picture and when totally closed it will look like bottom left picture.  Now on picture on the right I am showing an actual card being made.  Navy is the base and then you need 2 different coordinating prints of designer paper measuring 4 x 5.25.  Using the same triangle template cut designer paper as shown.

Here it is finished.  A cutie Birthday Card for my Grand nephew's 4th Birthday.

I can see using this as a St Patty's day card with shamrocks where the balloons are or an Easter card with eggs.  It is so easy to whip these up and they fit in a standard card envelope.

Hope you give this a try.
Til next time..............

HAPPY CARDING!

2 comments:

  1. Well look at you - another fancy fold. I'm not sure I've ever seen one like this before and I love it! Your card is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one certainly looks like fun inside and out, Susan!! And you're right!! It is going to be fabulous with shamrocks or Easter eggs!!

    ReplyDelete