TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Thursday, February 20, 2020

St Patty's Treat boxes

I think I'm addicted to treat boxes.  Maybe because I love treats and especially chocolates so when I can have a little treat box for chocolates I want to share with everyone.  If you remember back at Christmas I made little treat boxes as place cards for our family dinner.  Everyone received little chocolate and peppermint pretzel balls inside their boxes.  I did something similar for my lady friends for Valentines day and now as St Patty's approaches I have another box lined up.  This time the box has a little flap on it.  So lets get started.  Each box uses an 8 x 6.25" piece of card stock.  I got the idea from a little box that had Valentine Ghiradelli chocolates in it.

Score and then cut on score lines as shown.  The top has all but 1 of the tabs removed.  I decorated this one after I glued the box together but found it easier if you decorate first and then glue your box together.
To show you the size difference I made one of the Valentine treat boxes into a St Patty's one.
Its just a wee bit wider and taller and it can hold 2 Ghiradelli chocolates.  Since the family comes over for Corn Beef and Cabbage on St. Patty's Day I think I will make a few of these to have at their plates.

Til next time........
HAPPY CARDING!

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous papers for your pretty St. Patrick's Day treats, Susan!! Love these!!

    ReplyDelete