TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Saturday, February 29, 2020

Pop Out Lay Flat card nbr 2

Easter is on my mind!  Ideas keep coming into my head.  lol  The Lay flat card I made the other day was simple and I had said that I was going to do it again but with more embellies.  I changed the base color just for fun.  This card uses nearly all the same main elements as the first card.
I did not use the little tiny butterfly die that came with the bunnies and tree. I opted instead for a butterfly punch from Martha Stewart.  The tulips were also a Martha Stewart punch.  The little eggs in the front is an  old Tonic punch.  Do you get the feeling that I like punches?  Quick and convenient.  My cloud is a No Name die from Amazon that I stamped Happy Easter on.  I kind of like this idea better than the round scallop sentiment on the first card.  Each of the tiny flowers (yep punches) now have little rhinestones in the centers.  Tiny pompoms were used for the bunny tails.  Though this card still lays fairly flat I think the fact that I used real heavy card stock it seems a bit bulky.  I think things like the grasses should be much lighter card stock.  Maybe like the 65# stuff from the big chain stores. 

I have decided that this card is so easy that I'm going to have a craft day with the grandkids and we are going to make Easter cards for a local small Senior apartment building near us.  Its an old school house from the late 1800's that was converted into tiny 1 bedroom apts for Seniors.  Their great grandma lives there and we will be making an Easter card for each apartment.  A couple times a year I like to involve them in a Random Act of Kindness project.  I thought this would be a great Spring project.  I can't wait for them to get stamping and die cutting!  I will post the finished cards when they are done.

Don't forget to check out the original card HERE 

Until Next Time.................
HAPPY CARDING

3 comments:

  1. WOW! Susan, do you know how impressive you are? This is just gorgeous - and time consuming, and detailed. Yep, you impress me, the simple-minded CAS card maker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive and fully loaded with punches! How cool is this! I love the idea of crafting with the kids and doing RAK with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome is this amazing Easter creation!! Masterful work, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete