TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Saturday, February 22, 2020

St Patty's Get well Cards

Ok I know your all thinking "WHAT????"  So here's the scoop.  My grand kids great grandmother (95) was in the hospital for pneumonia and they have transferred her to a rehab facility.  Normally she has lived in her own apartment so she's not happy about being away from home even if it is for a short time.  To brighten up her room the kids wanted to make her some cards.  Well with St Pattys day coming and their great grandma being part Irish they wanted to make Get Well St Patty's Cards.

I had some scraps from the ones I have done so I just cut some layers for them and 5x7 card bases.  I told them they could cut down the layers or make different shapes using some punches (which my grandson loves to use) .  Glue sticks are easier than wet glue for them too so I provided a couple of those in the stash.  Gave them some sequins and ribbon and told them to use their imaginations.  My youngest grand daughter is only 3 but she used the glue stick and just a few paper pieces and then colored with 1 color pencil the inside of the card.  So cute for 3.

So I needed to give them an example and I needed it to be easy.  This one I will be giving to their Great Grandma too.
Now for their beautiful creations.

Great Grandma is going to love these.  She cherishes all of the kids creations and hopefully these will put a bright smile on her face and help her heal quickly.

HAPPY CARDING.






2 comments:

  1. Susan, this was such a great project to do with the grands! All of the cards ares so nice - and Great Grandma is sure to love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids did a fabulous job!! Won't Great Grandma be tickled "green" to get these delightful Irish get well cards!!

    ReplyDelete