TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Ghiradelli Chocolate treat holder.

Well one thing we can count on is Valentines day is just around the corner.  Unlike Spring.  There are mixed reviews on whether or not he saw his shadow.  Most of the country rely on the prediction of Punxsutawney Phil who claims we will have an early spring.  But here where I live we have Woodstock Willie.  You see I am not to far from Woodstock where they filmed Bill Murray's famous Groundhog Day Movie in 1993.  I have even eaten at the old restaurant and walked the Square where most of the movie was filmed.  Un-lucky for us our Groundhog predicted 6 more weeks of winter due to our final arrival of the sun that had gone missing from here for well over a week.  So will spring be early, will it be late, who knows.  But as I said we can definitely count on Valentines day to be arriving right on time.

So I have another treat holder.  This time it perfectly holds one of those oh so delicious Ghiradelli Chocolate squares.  I chose to put the Dark Chocolate with the raspberry filling in mine because they always reminded me of Valentines day.

You need 1 piece double sided card stock measuring 2.75" by 9 5/8" scored at 2.75,  3,  6.25,  6.5
With your word punch, insert the bottom end all the way in and place slightly to the left and punch.  With paper still in punch, slide paper a bit to the right and punch again.  This will give you a bit larger slot for the candy.
Now just slip your candy into the slot and glue the paper on the inside.  Not even really necessary but I did glue it.
Pull the top piece down like your closing a match book and tie a ribbon.  That's what holds it all together.  In fact the recipient doesn't even have to untie they can just slip the top out from the ribbon. I scallop rounded the top corners and like I said I also glued the inside flap down above the chocolate.  I happen to like to glue lol.


 Add a few embellies and your done.  Perfect little gift for a co-worker.  I originally saw this on Stamping with Karen here.  She actually stamped the cardstock where I just took the easy route and used double sided stuff.  LOL

Enjoy and until next time...........
HAPPY CARDING

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute and simple design, Susan!! Sweet Valentines for all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so you know I hope Willie is wrong. I'm ready for Spring - immediately would be fine with me.

    Your little treat holders are adorably sweet!

    ReplyDelete