TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Easter Magic

Oh my goodness..............this card is Gorgeous! Photo does not do it justice at all.  It must be because of the "Perfect" paper choices.  I received an email one day which showed this die.  It was by a company called Card making Magic.  These are Christina Griffiths dies and they are so pretty.  She is the Anna Griffin of the UK.  Hmmmm...I just noticed the similarity's of their names.  Interesting.  If you google Christina Griffiths dies you'll see what I mean.  They are so elegant.  This card is the Easter one.  You can get the die set HERE .  There are so many pieces and I can't wait to make a few more with a twist.  So I had watched a video on line where this girl already had all the pieces cut out and ready to go and just showed you how to put the card together.  Well...................easier said than done.  I mean I watched the video! Many times.  Should be easy peasey.  Plus I had my partner in crime watching the same video in the same room I was in.  So no problem right?  Ok Kahula had a tiny influence in our ability to pay attention but I swear it was just a little Kahula.  I really wish I knew what type of die cut machine she used because the Big Big Shot was having issues cutting through no matter how many shims we put in.  Now I will admit we did take the video-er suggestion and put sticky tape on the back of the lattice piece before cutting since adhering sticky tape to the piece after it was cut would be harder.  Was that the problem?  Not sure since we did not try the alternative of no tape. OMG the cranking my poor arms endured.  In my last post I talked about a missing bow.  Well this card requires 20 tiny bows and the die only cuts 5 at a time and we needed 80 since we were both making 2 cards.  Guess I'll have to drop off a few more bows later.

Ready????  Here is my finished cards.  I absolutely adore them!
I cannot wait to make one with piecing in different colors into each diamond shape. These 2 are so sparkly!

Check back later for the next Easter magic card.

HAPPY CARDING!

3 comments:

  1. WOW WOW WOW! I feel like an underachiever in cardmaking! LOL! These are absolutely bonkers beautiful! So much work and detail - just a vision, my friend. You are the master crafter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These jeweled eggs are stunning!! How gorgeous, Susan!!

    ReplyDelete