TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Monday, February 17, 2020

St Patty's Birthday

There is nothing better than carding with a friend.  Especially when that friend has a little Kahula waiting for you lol.  Over the weekend I got together with a friend so we could create masterpieces.  We are both a little anal when it comes to our card making.  Both wanting things to be "perfect".  Perfect paper (shimmer is our favorite), perfect cuts ( oh my the number of trimmers I have tried) and easy die cutting.  Well....we try.  Not always easy when we have a tiny bit of our favorite drink to begin the process.  Seriously it was a tiny amount...lol.

The paper line of choice was Authentique Dublin.  Love this.  Its not the bright green people usually associate with St Patty's Day but more the 'Mossy" brownish tones.  I had seen some really cute cards on line using these papers and of course when I go back to try and get us motivated I can't find the one I liked to begin with.  So just diving in was the route to go and if I may say so myself I LOVE THIS CARD.
Kraft card stock was used for the base which was obtained at Hobby Lobby.  Let me tell you in their open stock bins they have the thickest 12 x 12 Kraft card stock.  I think I'll be buying my sheets singly from now on because the reams are not of that weight.  And those flowers!  What a find!  Also at Hobby Lobby in the floral department.  Found these flower stems and they were "Perfect".  I cut them all off the stems and now have a little batch in a plastic bin I found at a hardware store.  Those and sequins were the only embellies I used and I think the card is "Perfect".

Now I have to go find a teeny tiny bow my friend lost while drinking....oops I mean while crafting.  Do you think she's going to be rolling her eyes at me when she reads this?  I'll explain the bow next time.

HAPPY CARDING!

2 comments:

  1. Susan, your card is definitely PERFECT! You have created a beauty!!! But then I've come to expect nothing less from you because each and every card you make is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an Irish beauty!! Awesome work with this wonderful sentiment and your gorgeous embellishing, Susan!!

    ReplyDelete