TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

March 1 Stamp Challenge

It's that time again.  Time to see where these 2 little critters ended up.  Not to sound like a broken record but I decided to challenge myself by...well basically stealing (lol sorry Kelly & Jeanette) an idea from  friends who do challenges all the time.  And let me tell you these ladies are amazing for many many reasons but for one they actually participate in alot of challenges and complete them!  Me???  Ha, I'm such a slacker.  But last year I saw they had a personal challenge for the year of picking 1 stamp (each lady picked their own) and they would create a card each month using only that one stamp.  So silly me when I saw they were going to do it again this year I thought "What the heck, I'm going to try"  I mean how hard can it be?  They can do it and I can use my brain once in awhile.  The challenge allows you to use any papers you want, any fold, any embellies but only 1 stamp.  No Problem!  So for today's card I jumped on the fancy fold and the theme of the month.....St Patty's Day of course.
Here they are.  My little Trash Panda's as I like to call them.  I think I might give these guys a name since we will become so close during the rest of the year and although I like the nickname "Trash Panda's" that I gave them, they really do deserve a real name.  Don't you think?  Anyway Chicago is well known for their St Patty's celebrations.  I have a brother in law who owns a Jazz club right near where all the festivities occur and it's a BIG day for the club.  So I thought my little guys should get ready to party and as you can see they found their hats and are ready to go.  I made the hats just cutting a little oval in half and added a brim.  I fussy cutted the shamrocks and blinged everything up with gold sequins to resemble gold coins from a pot of gold.  I did not have a sentiment stamp so my Sharpie Marker came to the rescue.  I used the corner fancy fold as the card base and added a little triangle pocket on the bottom right in which a little Ireland tag is sticking out.

So I think I have names.........Bert and Barry.  I like it!  Bert and Barry can't wait to show you what they are up to next month.  Oooooo I think I might be liking this challenge a "Wee Bit".

Til next time...................
HAPPY CARDING!




1 comment:

  1. Bert and Barry have never looked more festive! What a hoot, Susan!! I love it every time these two pop up in your designs!!

    ReplyDelete