TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Friday, March 27, 2020

A Birthday Card to Die Cut For

Recently I was at a Scrapbook show where I had a coupon for 50% off 1 die at the Tessler booth.  I found this beautiful orchid die and knew I just had to have it.  Since I needed a birthday card for my sister I thought this would be a good time to use the die.  Not being sure what I wanted to do I went through my papers and decided most of the card would be made with shimmer paper (love shimmer) and then I remembered someone once on You Tube die cut out their flowers on vellum.  I cut multiple flowers from the vellum as well as a base of the flowers from white shimmer paper.  On the vellum I rubbed some versa inks on the paper before I die cut them out and then layered each flower.
I tried to keep things simple again due to mailing issues during this Corona virus "Shelter in Place".  Not to take any chances I have decided to avoid the post office for the time being.  Which means I can't determine the correct postage if my card is too heavy.  But I think even with the simplicity it's pretty sweet.  I embossed the front with a Darice folder.  I probably should have also embossed the cream oval too but didn't think of it until after I put the card together.  I'm sure I'll make another so I'll try more embossing then.

Stay Healthy and til next time.......................

HAPPY CARDING




2 comments:

  1. Susan, this is a true beauty! The recipient is going to love it - and yes, you're wise to avoid the PO if possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delicate beauty, Susan!! I love this stunning birthday design!!

    ReplyDelete