TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Saturday, March 28, 2020

A Call Out for Cards

Well being Sheltered in Place is certainly allowing me to get some cards done and dig through my stash.  Yesterday I got an email from a local Scrapbook Store wanting to fill there carousel with home made cards.  For each card you donate you get to put your name into a drawing for some fun stuff from the store.  Since the store has to remain close at the moment due to the virus the owner has said we could mail in our creations.  I always have extra cards here since I love making them but never have enough people to give them to.  Most of the time these cards end up in a shoe box where I forget about them and then one day I'll go through them and think..."Huh...I don't really like these anymore".  LOL  Do any of you ever do that or am I the only one?  So this gave me the opportunity to create and get rid of at the same time!  I'll have to go re-read the email because I don't remember exactly how this was suppose to work.

So I thought I'd start with 2 real simple cards.  I got a couple new dies and embossing folders and I was dying to try them.  Embossing folders always look so nice with shimmer paper.  Plus I don't have to do a sentiment inside because it was requested that they be left blank.  Awesome!



Now time to go try a Fancy Fold!  My favorite kind of card. So........
Til next time.........................

HAPPY CARDING




1 comment:

  1. I love these gorgeous die cut designs, Susan!! The colors are heavenly.

    And yes, I reorganized and got rid of many cards last week. Some I was able to repurpose and some were torn into bits to be used in different projects!!

    ReplyDelete