TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Paper Clip Bookmarks

Still on the Governors Shelter in Place so there are more crafts to be done.  I had decided that I was going to use this time to make embellishments.  Fussy cutting everything and digging through drawers of miscellaneous do dads.  There are alot of people into the paperclip phase.  They are cute and can be used on cards or even in journals.  Like the Junk Journals alot of other people are making.  When I thought of Junk Journals, what came to mind were bookmarkers.  Then I also thought of the Bible journals some are doing and I thought why not make paperclip Bookmarks for Junk and Bible Journals?  I have one of those Ranger Journals that I have not used yet and decided the first thing in my journal will be the bookmarker.  I bet you could use these in regular book too and since its a paperclip it won't fall out of your book.  That's a plus right?

So here we go.  These will be super simple ones but you can bet I will be doing more complexed ones in the near future.
I decided to use card stock cut at 2" x 5.5".  This way you can get 8 from a 8.5 x 11" sheet.  I used my fancy 1  7/8th" scallop circle punch and the Paper Studio's Tag punch. I also used 2 different sized butterfly punchs and some more of those paper shreds I made on my Cutterpiller trimmer.
These are the ones I've done so far.  I turned 1 of the unfinished  ones backwards so you could see where I put the clips. The stamp set that I used for the bottom markers was a freebie in a magazine I get.  I have so many of these freebies that I have never used and I thought it was about time I find a use for them.

Now I need to think of more ideas with these clips.  I swear I must have 100 of them if not more.

Til next time.....................
HAPPY CARDING




1 comment:

  1. What a great spirit boost for those reading their hearts out during this time of sheltering in place!! So very pretty, Susan!!

    ReplyDelete