TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Sunday, March 29, 2020

Double Point Card

How is this for super adorable?   Saw this on Pinterest and just had to make one.  Okay maybe 2 or 3 lol.  I wanted to play with sizes.
This one is a basic 4.25" x 5.5" card base that I used a seafoam green for.  The double points are then attached to the 4 x 5.25 piece of cream shimmer paper.  I used 2 different ovals on the top point and made the flower from a die.  The little SMILE banner is popped up so that the bottom of the oval can slip underneath to keep the points closed.  If you flip the oval up it reveals a secret message.  Then your main greeting goes inside the card base.
As you can see I used a little vase to keep the card base open a little.  

I wanted to change this up a bit too so on my directions it will be for a flat card and not a regular side opening card base.

So here's what you'll need:

4.25" x 5.5" flat non opening base
4" x 5.25" mat piece
2 pieces 3" x 4"
An oval , square, or rectangle size your choice in base color
a mat piece to put on your oval, square, or rectangle
Then a flower or butterfly your choice.
Use scraps to make little sentiment banner to keep points closed

With your 3x4 pieces score with 3" side on top at 1" on both pieces fold back and then take the bottom corner and bring to center as shown in picture. Glue these little triangles down. Then attach the 1" scored end to the back of your mat piece and fold the points to the front.  Then attach the mat to the flat 4.25 x5.5 base.  You can see what the back should look like in bottom left picture when score line have been glued to back of mat.
Picture on the right above is how it should look when you glue mat to base.  Remember this one is a flat base.  If you want it to open just like a regular card just make the base a regular card base.  Then time to decorate.  I used a 2.75" and a 2.25" stitched squares for my center.  On the outside top point the only part of the square glued is the top.  Bottom is left unglued so that it may slip under sentiment.  I also chose to use a butterfly on the front instead a flower.
In all honesty I'm not crazy about this one.  The butterfly could have been better and the colors are too bright for me but it does show the process.  Choose your favorite papers and give this one a try.

Til next time..........................
HAPPY CARDING

1 comment:

  1. I love this fabulous fold, Susan!! I MIGHT even be able to pull this off!! Thanks for the tutorial and these gorgeous samples!!

    ReplyDelete