TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Sunday, March 22, 2020

COVID-19 The CRAFTERS WAY

Hello....Hope everyone is managing the Covid-19 lock downs. As a paper crafter this is like a mini vacation for me.  I don't have to watch the grandkids, though in all honesty I miss the heck out of them.  That being cleared up....it also give me more alone time.  Which for me is crafter heaven.  I am probably like most of you paper crafters and have supplies to last me well into the next decade of crafting!  So get the creative juices going and lets make some embellies.

Now alot of time we find it much easier to just buy the embellies we need.  Truth be told.we probably have plenty of store bought ones all over our craft rooms.  But.....we now have time to PLAY!  What about some happy mail to a friend or two who are card makers/papercrafters?  Especially those miles and miles away who you only have internet connections to.  

Today's post is all about the infamous paper clip.  People all over Pinterst are crazy about these.  They take ordinary paperclips, jazz them up and use them on cards and scrapbook pages.  I myself have made a few not so fancy ones that I have added to my G45 cards in the past.  But today????  I'm using clips that were given to me by a friend.  When I got them I thought "Wow these are weird".  Left them in the envelope and tossed them into the closet until I could be inspired.  I took those gems out and found some scraps along with a 6x6 G45 paper pack I had and went to work.
These clips were plastic and 5 attached in a row.  I separated them and then went for the paper and scraps.  Not everyone will have these clips but you can use plain old paperclips from the office supply store.  They will work too.
To give you a little bit of an idea of sizes I used for these particular clips The scallop circles were 2" and the fancy scallops were 1 7/8".  The Kraft colored flags on the bottom were 1" x 2.25".  The Designer paper tags were punched from an old Stampin up punch.  The mat pieces for the tags were 1 1/8th" x 1 7/8th" black shimmer paper.  The smaller paper ribbons are also Kraft paper in photo but you most definitely can use designer paper for these.  They measure 1/2" x 2.5".  Paper shreds at the top were from cutting slivers of cardstock on my Cutterpillar rotary cutter.  It can cut such fine shreds that curl by themselves.  Love using these as an added wow.  I also used crunch flowers on some of the clips which I made using a 2" scallop circle, wet the circle and scrunch it up.  Set aside to dry and add a little glitter.

Now Just have fun and play.  Add little sequins or bling here or there.  Maybe some Stickles add a little envelope...whatever.  You decide.  Then package them up if you want to give in Happy Mail.

Here's the start of mine.  With being sheltered in place this is a great way to spend time.  As easy as these look when finished they can be time consuming as you pick out all the do dads and piece everything together.  Start small...make 4 at a time so your not overwhelmed and you'll find as you go ways you'll change it up for the next 4.


Til next time.....................
HAPPY CARDING




2 comments:

  1. WOW! You are really getting your craft on, Susan! These are real beauties!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome array of sensational embellishments, Susan!! I am so impressed with the crafting you are getting done in your isolation time!! Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete