TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Monday, March 16, 2020

Random Act of Kindness Easter Cards


So I wrote this last week with all intentions to have the grandkids start on these this weekend.  Then...................Corona.😞😞.  Then to top it off the grandkids great grandmother on their mothers side passes at the young age of 96.  She lived in the building we were going to hand out the cards to.  Saturday I got the word that the Senior Apartments have locked down.  No visitors allowed and no residents can leave.  Add to that the fact that the rest of the world is also on lock down for the next 2 weeks which means that I can only Skipe the grandkids.  No fun crafting time with them allowed .  It's a crazy time.  So I will be putting together these cards and try to figure out how to pass them on.
I had posted earlier that I thought I would make some cards for a local Senior Apartment.  Its an old building from the 1800's and has approximately 40 units.  The lay flat pop out card seemed ideal to mass produce.  As soon as they are done I will have the grandkids join me to deliver them for Easter.  I'm having the kids also help me with the assembly.  I had to make a sample for them and I didn't want it too complicated.  I had a few of those super old Sizzix steel rule dies with an Easter theme and decided to use them.  Its been along time since I dug these out.  It was really fun to crank these once again.  Here's my sample card.
  
The Bunny, eggs and grass were all the old sizzix dies.  I used a Tonic egg punch for the little eggs.  The Easter greeting stamp is an old wood mounted stamp from Hampton Arts.  A 1.5" circle punch cuts it out pretty close.  Who can resist pretty spring color sequins.

Stay safe out there my friends.................
HAPPY CARDING!

3 comments:

  1. Susan, you're right... things are in flux right now, with the Coronavirus, and shutdowns. But that didn't stop you from making an adorable Easter card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the layers on this fun Easter card, Susan!! I know the kids will love helping you assemble them, and the seniors will be over the moon receiving them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw Susan - you always make the most special cards with the most beautiful folds and this one is certainly right up there! How sweet of you to think of the seniors and yes, this is one crazy virus and I'm not liking it one single bit! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete