TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Spring Birthday

Well it's suppose to be spring.  At least according to the calendar but then we get 3.5 inchs of snow!!!  Whhhaaatttt!!! This is crazy!  Although it all melted in a few hours and the streets and sidewalks were warm to prevent the snow from sticking so we didn't have to shovel.  Yay!!  More time for carding.

My niece has her birthday the end of this month.  She loves (at least that's what she tells me) my cards.  I usually go all out with a ton of layers and lots of 3D embellies.  But these days are stressed.  People are suppose to shelter in.  That means I will not be going to the post office to get the proper amount of postage on her card.  So I opted for a less fancy and way more flat card that I can slip into my mail box for the postman to pick up.

I love this Egg die by Christina Griffiths called Extravagant Egg Die.  I've used this on a few Easter cards I posted earlier Seen here .  This die set is so versatile.  It wakes beautiful shaker cards but also works well as a window card using the lattice piece as I did here.  I backed the lattice with a swirl holographic paper.  I used Perfect pearls at the cross pieces to look like dimension but not add weight as rhinestones would.  All my flowers remained flat with little perfect Pearls centers.  The finished size of this card is 5x7 so it is on the larger side.  I'm sure my niece will love it.

Thanks for stopping by.  Til next time..................

HAPPY CARDING

2 comments:

  1. Susan, this card is so pretty! I love the diamond shaped pieces... very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this gorgeous spring birthday design!! You always add the perfect details like those amazing floral corners!! Beautiful work, Susan!

    ReplyDelete